HUNTSVILLE — Scott County’s newly-elected officials will take office on Thursday, Sept. 1, as the new term of government begins.
Among the new county-wide office-holders who will assume their duties on Thursday:
• County Mayor Jerried Jeffers
• County Sheriff Brian Keeton
• County Trustee Rena Erwin
• General Sessions Judge Scarlett Ellis
Additionally, Assessor of Property Tiffany Jeffers was elected on Aug. 4. She had been previously appointed to the office by Scott County Commission.
There will also be nine new commissioners who assume office on Sept. 1. They are:
• Joyce Keeton, 2nd District
• Taylor Stephens, 2nd District
• Amy Jeffers, 3rd District
• Kelly Chitwood, 5th District
• Robyn McBroom, 5th District
• Colby Burke, 6th District
• Shon Terry, 6th District
• Jared Burke, 7th District
• Tom Payne, 7th District
The new Board of County Commissioners will meet for the first time on Tuesday, Sept. 6. The commissioners ordinarily meet on the first Monday of each month in work session and the third Monday of each month in regular session. However, the September work session is being moved to Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday.
Last modified: August 31, 2022